Below is a description of the responsibilities of the National Liaison on the board of directors for YNPN Triangle NC. Applications to join the board are now open. Learn more and apply here.
Board of Directors (Chair)
The National Liaison serves on the Executive Committee and supports the strategic plan of YNPN Triangle NC with special focus on the priority of innovative thought leadership and sector shaping by serving as the primary representative to YNPN National. The National Liaison:
- Participates in monthly conference calls with YNPN National and other communications as needed
- Acts as primary point of contact for YNPN National projects and initiatives that may affect YNPN Triangle NC’s operations
- Serves as a reference for YNPN National policies, procedures, and updates
- Reports necessary information from YNPN National to YNPN Triangle NC Board in a timely, effective manner
- Stays informed of developments at other chapters or at YNPN National that may affect the nonprofit sector or YNPN Triangle NC’s operations
- Helps YNPN National collect chapter level statistics and ensures that surveys are completed in a timely manner
- Attends the national conference and/or ensures another chapter member attends the national conference and disseminates information to the Board and membership
- Serves as a resource on YNPN National bylaws, procedures, policies, and references and informs Committee and Board members of these issues as they are relevant.
- Ability to synthesize and determine focus
- Organizational ability
- Clear and effective communication
15 - 20 hours a month for two years
Self and by the Board annually