Below is a description of the responsibilities of the Marketing & Communications Chair on the board of directors for YNPN Triangle NC. Applications to join the board are now open. Learn more and apply here.
Board of Directors (Chair)
The Chair of the Communications Committee supports YNPN Triangle NC by leading the members of the communications committee to provide quality and consistent communication that fulfills the strategic plan by promoting engagement with events, content, programming, opportunities, leadership, general awareness and more to members and the greater community. Other responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing an external communications plan
- Promoting YNPN Triangle NC events, members, and other relevant information through various online communications channels, including but not limited to the website, blog, social media
- Creating deliverables in conjunction with other committees to build YNPN Triangle NC’s brand and increase organizational awareness.
- Supporting the fiscal sustainability of YNPN Triangle NC by engaging in any necessary budgeting process
- Assisting with organizational fundraising efforts through online and offline communication channels
- Recruiting members for communications committee and providing committee members with needed support, feedback, and guidance.
- Adhering to the YNPN Triangle NC Style Guide,ensuring compliance with brand standards, and establishing a periodic review of both documents in order to ensure relevancy to current communication methods, modes, and norms.
- Overseeing relationships with relevant Triangle-area and sector media outlets, including the maintenance of comprehensive press lists.
- Managing strategic media engagement to advance the brand, mission, and public awareness, including advising outreach to media outlets across the organization.
Clear and effective communicator
Ability to self-start
Organized, attentive to detail
Experience with web design, content curation, social media preferred
15 - 20 hours per month for two years
Self and by the Board, annually